Wednesday, October 14, 2015

It is not just an overseas project...

Has it really been over two months?? It's hard to believe I survived being this far away from Africa for this long. It is so crazy to think that a place I was only in for two months has completely taken my heart. It hurts to be away from Africa. It is literally taking my breath away to look back at these pictures and recall the brokenness and yet beauty, the poor and yet rich, the sorrow and yet joy that a camera lens cannot capture. I was blessed beyond measure to be able to experience all that I did. 

Even though I want more than anything to go back right now, I know God is using me here where I am and teaching me what I need to learn. It has not been an easy transition these past few months coming back to the states with losing a few things I had before I left, hearing unexpected news that is completely life changing (which I am very excited about), and being in a culture that once was my whole life and now is foreign to me. But, God is sovereign and faithful and He knows what He's doing with me. "He's got this," is what I am constantly telling myself throughout each day.

And how could I forget the people around me? They need Jesus just as much as an orphan in Africa does, believe it or not. How can I be an overseas missionary if I cannot even turn to my current neighbor and tell them about Jesus? It is just not an overseas project, it is a lifestyle I must live daily, no matter where I am. I cannot wait to go love on the people on my campus today. 

Cheers, 
Alex

Want to read more from Alex?  Go to http://alexgraceanthony.blogspot.com