Saturday, September 28, 2019

I miss... all in His time

Stand in the Gap & Island Magic Teams
I miss these people more than words can describe. 
I miss Kassi doing my hair in the morning joking about the last time that we had a good hot shower. 
I miss sitting with Emma in the afternoons while she plans our next Bible study for Kuya Marc’s house while I try and read A History of the World in 6 Glasses for WHAP. I miss my “moms” yelling at me to actually read A History of the World in 6 Glasses for WHAP when I just wanted to take a nap. 😂 
I miss Amelia presenting me with a new verse that she found during her quiet time, using it as encouragement for me when when i’m going through a rough time. 
I miss yelling for Tucker to get his camera when a millipede the size of my hand is crawling across our house or yelling for him to come get the giant lizards off of our beds and mosquito nets. 😬
I miss checking the chore chart to see who’s turn it is to go fetch water this time. I miss complaining about the fact that it is my turn to go fetch the water lol. 
I miss joking with Jadon every time he burnt the rice and told him to “leave it to the women.”😉
I miss yelling for Phoebe and Golden every 10 seconds to help us translate something that a child was trying to tell us. 
I miss those stressful grocery shopping days when all Kassi &  want to do is just curl up in a ball on the ground bc there is so much going on (ok maybe I don’t miss that one too much haha). 

I miss the afternoon siesta that would always end up being interrupted by children wanting to play volleyball before our next Bible study. 
I miss those happy faces pictured, always joyful and excited to hear what topic we would be preaching on next. 
I miss these people so much right now and it is so hard to carry on with my “normal” life right now, knowing that these people are back in the Philippines eating chicken adobo as usual and going about their day, waiting for the moment when they can get on Facebook messenger to contact us again. 
I wish with all of my heart that I could be back with these people, but I know that right now, I need to be here. I need to be in Zachary, Louisiana attending Zachary High School so that I can be a light in someone’s life here in America. 
These Filipinos became my life and soul this summer and it was so hard to say goodbye, knowing that I may never see their beautiful, smiling faces again. I hope that one day I will be able to return to my new found friends and check up on them. and I hope that one day, I can see Kassi, Emma, and Amelia’s faces again. God only knows, and for that reason, I have peace. Because I don’t know what is around the corner for me. Only God does. God’s got some great stuff coming for me. I just need to learn to be patient and wait for when He is ready to reveal those things to me. All in His time...

After this I looked, and there was a vast multitude from every nation, tribe, people, and language, which no one could number, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were clothed in white robes with palm branches in their hands.”
-Revelation 7:9

-Maddie
2019 Stand in the Gap, Philippines