Thursday, September 26, 2019

Just say "Yes"

Words cannot describe just how incredible it was to see God move and work this summer. This summer was one of the best I have ever had. It has been a little bit since I returned to the US after having spent two months in Southeast Asia. School has started back and has been keeping me busy. It has been a bit of work transitioning back to being a student. I learned a lot this summer and have been looking for a way to bring that with me to campus. 

You see, this summer, I got to see God move in amazing and incredible ways. I made many incredible friends and just love the relationships i was able to form with them. I am thankful that they were willing to take a chance  to hang out with and get to know the weird Americans. It was awesome to see God transform the many people we became friends with, and how He was using and transforming me too. 

It was such an amazing opportunity where I got to share the Gospel and God’s love to people who had never heard it or experienced it before. This trip continually opened my eyes to how important it is to be willing to say “yes” when God calls us to do something, even when it is something we don’t particularly want to do. I definitely had those moments this summer. What I saw God do in those moments when I did say yes a bit reluctantly, showed me just how little I know and how great God is. This summer I got to see what God could do through people that were devoted and surrendered to Him and it leaves me without words to describe how amazing it was.

-Jordan B
Southeast Asia

Go to www.nehemiahteams.com to see where you can serve this summer.... just say "Yes!"