Friday, March 10, 2023

A Language Everyone Can Understand

Since being in our new country, it has been an adjustment getting used to the new culture, climate and food. But one of the most difficult things is learning the language and communicating with the people. It has been a struggle at times, but the more I think about true and meaningful communication, the more the Lord reminds me of how his Love and His Joy is something that everyone can understand, despite language barriers. Lots of people here can’t understand English and I’m just learning to speak their language and they have a hard time understanding me. 

But the one thing they can understand and see is the Joy and Peace that the Father gives me! The people here are living in desperate situations and they are looking for true Joy and Peace. When the Lord equips us with those, it draws the people in. 

It says in Isaiah 55:12, "For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands." As I’m teaching English and learning the heart language here, I’m able to explain where true Joy and Peace come from. They get to hear about the Gospel and the Fathers love for them!

-John David
NT365 Student
Southeast Asia