Monday, November 9, 2015

Tell me how to know Jesus

This was the day Alice received her Bible. She cried tears of joy, and I cried with her. The previous day was the day she received Christ, her words pierced my heart and I could never forget them.
"I had been wishing someone would come and tell me how to know Jesus."
If you've heard me speak about my trip then you've heard her story. Not a day goes by that I don't remember these words. They changed me. I realized it's moments like this that I want to be a part of for the rest of my life; to be a part of what God is doing and to let Him use me wherever He will. Nothing else seems to matter anymore.
I have been told that Alice is now suffering persecution by her neighbors for studying the Bible, but she continues to study. That's what faith is. Please pray for Alice, that her faith would only grow in adversity.
There are so many people in the world whose hearts are ready, who simply need to be told how to follow Christ. Will you go to them?
So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, 'Do you understand what you are reading?' And he said, 'How can I, unless someone guides me?' And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.”   -Acts 8:30-31 ESV
-Kallie
Mtn Trek 2015