Friday, July 12, 2019

What are you reading?

At the same time, pray also for us that the father may open a door to us for word, to speak the mystery of the son, for which I am in chains, so that I may make it known as I should.”  Col. 3:3-4

On June 25th while sitting on the front porch of a village home, a passing truck came to a halt and we hear the usual “Hello Mister.” However, to our surprise Bapak Mat spoke fluent English! He was surprised to meet native English speakers and invited us to come to his village and stay with him the next day. 

As we arrived the next day, we explored some waterfalls & built relationships with our host and some of his neighbors. The next morning I woke up and went in the main room to read my Bible as usual while Bapak Mat was sitting with Mamatt talking. 

I opened to the book of John and as soon as I did Bapak asked me “What are you reading?” I answered “The good news according to John”. Then Bapak asked, “What is the good news?” 

This was the clearest door that had been opened thus far. 

I couldn’t believe how straight forward the Holy Spirit was being in directing our conversation. Mamatt and I got to share the whole Gospel and walk through John 1 with him! Bapak even asked to read all four books! 

Although Bapak did not confess truth, we were able to share, answer questions, and leave him with a book so he could read further on his own.

I had been praying Colossians over the people we would meet but I had no idea how clearly the Father would answer my intercession. He is so kind and His timing is always perfect! 

This day encouraged me so much and helped me to trust deeper in the Fathers provision and led me to worship him in all circumstances! 

Pray for Bapak. Pray for understanding as he reads The Book and that he would choose to follow the Christ he is reading about.

-Aidan
Ex & Ev Team
Southeast Asia