Friday, January 13, 2023

Following in the footsteps

I am so thankful for the time we had at our youth camp! I got to connect with students in ways that I didn’t think I would be able to. The staff were very welcoming and hospitable. They gave us everything we needed and more! They let us hang out with the students and be a part of different teams. My favorite part was being able to mobilize. Mobilizing is something that the Lord has used in my life as I have made a commitment to go to the nations! If it weren’t for the mobilizers that I know that sent me here, I probably wouldn’t be serving here now. So I hope that as I got to mobilize and follow in the footsteps of those before me, students were moved to go to the nations. 

I had many conversations with students that led to their being scared of leaving home, and knowing that dangers are out in the real world. But through that, I got to share that God doesn’t call us to be comfortable all the time. Jesus wasn’t comfortable on the cross, but He came anyway! We follow in Christ’s example whenever we dedicate our lives to serving him. Paul writes in the New Testament that we consider the sufferings of these times of great worth, as we walk in the way of the cross. 

Our mobilizing endeavors were not done without fervently praying. We prayed often for the students as we spent the week with them. Even though we played games and had a fun time, my hope is that they saw Christ in us, and how His calling empowers us to go and do things like this! I’m so thankful to the camps that invited Nehemiah Teams to go and be part of their week. May Christ be glorified always!

-Morgan
NT365 Participant