Thursday, January 5, 2023

Planting seeds!

Camp was amazing! The book of Matthew talks about the Lord being there where 2 or more are gathered in His name. It was evident that the Lord was there in Mati.

My favorite thing about camp was worshipping with the youth & staff each night. There's nothing like worshipping God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength in a room full of others who are doing the same. 

The Lord spoke to me through the messages and the people there, and I know I wasn't the only one! Conversations I had with many of the staff affirmed this as well as seeing the student's response to the messages each night. The Holy Spirit was moving. My hope and prayer is that the work done in the lives of those students at that camp would continue as they move on with their lives.

The book of Matthew records a parable in which seeds were planted and some were able to grow & be fruitful while others were choked by thorns or snatched by birds. Pray that the seeds planted at this camp would grow & be fruitful. 

I thank the Lord for this opportunity. It was a reminder of God's goodness and it forced me to simply be still and be filled with thanksgiving for all that the Lord has blessed me with.

-Michaela