Sunday, June 23, 2013

Memory verses and open doors



One day this week, all of the classes were canceled at school. Instead, We there was activities day for all the kids. That morning as I was looking over my memory verses, one of the teachers came in and asked me about the cards and what they were. I explained to her that they were verses from the Christian holy book, and I was learning them so I could always remember God's promises. 



She is Buddhist, like most of the nationals, but she asked if she could read them to practice her English. She read them over and over out loud and asked me about the words she didn't understand. She even went to get some of the other teachers to have them read them aloud, as well.

I spent the rest of the day just building relationships with them, and if we had had classes that day I never would have had the opportunity. The cool thing was that we were studying was Hebrews 4:12 which says, "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." I know that God used His word that day to plant a seed in their hearts. 


I also got to spend some time with the director of the school that day. She wanted to know why I chose to come to Thailand. I explained to her that I love teaching and I wanted teach in other parts of the world and tell everyone about the love of Jesus Christ. She thanked me for all the work I am doing and the love I show to the children. 

-Karen


Please join me in prayer for the teachers and the director for my school. Pray that the seeds God planted will grow.