Sunday, June 16, 2019

Aidan & Ruth


Praise be to the Father that HE has allowed multiple opportunities for me to be obedient in sharing the good news. I have been able to share my story, the parable of the lost sheep, creation to Christ, and some verses.

A few days ago, I had the opportunity to talk with my new friend Ruth. I shared with her the full good news in depth along with my story and another story of how God was faithful in my friend’s life. She seemed to be intensely listening but when I finished I asked her what she thought of some things and she just said “that is good for you and your belief” and showed little to no interest in anything I had shared. This was discouraging to me and then I recalled Isaiah 55:11.

 So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

God will accomplish what He wills and HIS Word will not return void. Even after sharing and seeing no fruit I can be encouraged to trust that He is working for HIS glory more than I ever could be and I can trust in the promises of HIS Word. My Father is glorified through my obedience to share and it is up to HIM to open eyes and soften hearts.

Please pray for follow up opportunities with those we have shared with. Pray that Ruth would see our God as the way, the truth, and the life. Please pray for my team, that we would not be discouraged but encouraged, and that we would trust deeply in Christ who promises to work all things for HIS glory.

-Aidan
Ex & Ev
Southeast Asia