Thursday, June 27, 2019

Prayer Requests from Island Magic Team


So much has happened since we arrived in the Philippines and I don't have the time or space to give all the details here. If you want to know the little stories, please ask me when you see me at home! I will be happy to share!  I have tried balut, which is a delicacy here, I'm going to spare the details and let you Google it if you want to see it.

We definitely need your prayers! The people are not very receptive to the Word and are clinging to their animistic worship & Roman Catholic views that have been in their family forever. We have been refused access to the barangay (village) we were supposed to go to next week because they don't want us to tell them about Jesus & have been followed by "the witch doctor" while trying to share about our Father! So pray for the "Lost" barangay as I call them, that sometime they will be able to hear the gospel and God's truth.

Pray also for my team that we will band together and stay strong through the spiritual warfare bombarding us. It isn't the way we thought it would come like through witch doctors or curses, but through just simple arguments and dissention. This is the devils playhouse and evil is prevalent in everything and he is attacking.

We serve an amazing Savior and we ask that you pray that we will have opportunities to share this great love story. Pray that satan will be bound, that the curiosity of the people will be strong and hearts open and receptive. 

-Lilly
Island Magic Team, Philippines