Sunday, July 15, 2012

An Update from James

This week has flown by. As I try to wrap my head around it and write something interesting I feel humbled like I have many other times during this week.

There were several occasions where I just held my head between my hands and tried to comprehend the goodness of Father. Who am I that he has chosen me to bear the message of his son. Not only that, but he gives the Spirit to work in me? O what wonder is this!?

Even as I write I feel the quiet call of my lover drawing me deeper. O He is Good. His Mercy is from everlasting to everlasting.

Prior to this week, I had been feeling a little worn. I was tired of sharing a life changing message and seeing incongruity in the response of those who heard. Should not a life changing message produce life change? Is not Father worthy of total surrender? He is faithful. Always faithful.
This week I went to a more rural area than I've been to. As I looked at the hunts and felt a sense of hesitancy rise up within me, I also heard Father say, "Isn't this what you asked for." I tried to quiet my anxieties and asked Father for peace.

I was slightly discouraged because I first came to a believer. If you are thinking that I was wrong to be discouraged, you are right. I was quickly made aware of my wrong and the Spirit corrected me. I trained that man to grow and share. Then his daughter came home and my interpreter for the day told me that I would share with her.

As I unfolded the message before her, she showed little sign of response. I asked that Father would not allow my heart to grow dull from giving the news so many times. He responded powerfully. I felt the power of God overtake me and I found myself completely broken for this woman and for all who have no idea of His goodness.

I began to cry as I told her that I bear a heavy burden on my back for those who don't know him. I hear their cries ringing in my ears. I told her that I wanted so desperately to experience the life and heart change that I had. She told me that was what she wanted as well.

We prayed and cried out to God in desperation. As I finished I looked at her. She was wiping tears from her eyes. We saw God in one another as I thanked her for listening and she thanked me. She was dunked the next day and inexpressible joy was manifested on her face. O sing Praise to Father! He is Faithful indeed!

What else is there? What else could I live for? To quote Peter, "where else would we go, you have the words of life!"

NOTHING TOO PRECIOUS FOR THE SON!