Sunday, June 23, 2019

Meet the Team: Island Ministry

Island Ministry Team members with their national partners.
Left to right: Ray, Mercy, Caroline, Abby, Kate, & Katei
Abby is a recent high school graduate & will attend Jones Junior College in the fall. Her favorite food is homemade chicken alfredo and she loves stargazing. James 2:18 reminds Abby that this trip is for the glory of the Lord, and not for herself. "But someone will say, ‘you have faith; I have deeds.’ Show me your faith without deeds and I will show you my faith by what I do.”

Kate is a student at Western Kentucky University studying political science, religion, and history. She loves all kinds of French-fries and rock climbing. Psalm 96 reminds Kate to declare the glory of the Lord. She believes that through this verse, God truly reveals his heart for the nations, and that if the Lord loves the nations so strongly, she should do the same.

Ray recently graduated high school and will be attending Moody Bible Institute in the fall. Ray loves steak from Outback and the color yellow. Psalm 42:5 reminds her to stay expectant of what God is going to do, even when she gets discouraged. “Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my savior and my God.”

Caroline currently attends the University of Southern Mississippi and is getting her bachelor’s degree in social work. Her favorite food is her mom’s chicken fajitas and she loves herbal teas. Joshua 1:9 says, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord you God will be with you wherever you go...” this verse helps her to know that the Lord is always with us no matter where we are.


Pray for team unity & boldness in sharing the Gospel.