Meet Kylie
I’m from Oklahoma. I came to know Christ when I was 15, and during my time in youth group my youth pastor placed a strong emphasis on missions. After going on a few short-term mission trips with my youth group, God gave me a heart for sharing the gospel with others.
I’ve always loved photography, so when I heard about an opportunity to use that passion while serving the Lord, I knew I wanted to be part of it. Before coming, I didn’t know exactly what the summer would hold, but I did know two things: I would experience some uncomfortable living conditions, and I would get to see God at work. Both have proven true. Right now I’m sleeping in a tent and battling bugs every night, but I’m also watching people search for the hope and peace that can only be found in a relationship with Christ.
I’m incredibly thankful for the opportunity to be here. The greatest joy in my life is serving the Lord, and I’m grateful that I get to wake up each day and tell people about the love and sacrifice of Jesus.
Two verses have especially encouraged me throughout this journey:
Matthew 28:19–20 – "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Luke 10:2 – "The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest."
- Kylie Philippine Summer Media Intern
Matthew 28:19–20 – "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Luke 10:2 – "The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest."
- Kylie Philippine Summer Media Intern
