Friday, June 16, 2023

Strength in weakness

Daily reliance on the Lord is something you learn about pretty fast when you’re serving on the mission field. Following the Lord and walking the straight & narrow is difficult and very challenging at times, especially in this setting. But despite hardships, it doesn’t even come close to how the Lord provides for me spirituality, emotionally and even physically at times.

In 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 it says “But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 

I can’t live a perfect life that will glorify God by myself, that would be exhausting and impossible. But it’s only through Christ that I can do what he has called me to. And not just to do it, but do it with joy, peace, boldness, kindness and humility. 

Yes, hard things happen sometimes but that doesn’t overshadow the amazing work God has done... and is doing. Just like the children of Israel or the prophets wondering/running in the wilderness, the Lord will Guide and provide! 

"And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in
scorched places and make your bones strong..." 
Isaiah 58:11

-JD
NT365/Hands On
Southeast Asia