Thursday, June 29, 2023

Meet the Team - Philippine Summer: Socorro Island Team

Hey everyone!! This summer we are staying in Barangay S until the end of June and then we will move to another barangay (village) for the rest of the summer. We are here to share the gospel with as many people as possible! We have been going door to door to share the gospel with them and do Bible studies in their homes. We have already seen God at work in Barangay S. Many have came to faith and are participating in weekly Bible studies. Join us in praying that God would continue to open hearts and minds to the good news of His gospel and that the believers in this village would come together to form a church! 

Hey everyone! I’m Hayley and I am the team leader for the Socorro team. I am 21 years old and from Knoxville Tennessee. I attend East Tennessee State University where I am pursuing a degree in nursing. My favorite animal is a hermit crab because I have 2 pet hermit crabs Cosmo and Brooke and my favorite food is any type of pasta. 


Heidi!! I’m Canaan and I am 19 years old. I'm from Powell, Tennessee & attend Roane State Community College. My favorite animal is a horse, and my favorite type of food is Chinese!


Hey y’all! My name is Bailey! I’m 18 years old and am from Knoxville, Tennessee where I attend Roane State Community College. My favorite animal is a monkey and my favorite food is my mommas chicken pot pie!!


Hi! I’m Sydney! I’m  a 21-year-old from Houston, Texas. I study Biology and run cross country and track at Ouachita Baptist University in Arkansas. My favorite animals are salamanders, jellyfish, and octopuses, and my favorite food is plantains.

Please join us in praying that God would continue to open hearts and minds to the good news of his gospel and that the believers in this village would come together to form a church!