Sunday, June 18, 2023

Meet The Team: Camiguin Island

Our team is staying on the Philippine island of Camiguin this summer. Our goal is to share with every household in our area, finding individuals who desire to learn more about Christ. We want to disciple and pour into these people with the hopes that they will choose to follow Christ and start churches here. 

Please pray for open eyes for us to see the need & open hearts to receive the Good News we're sharing.

Pray for a lasting sense of ownership by the local believers to start a church here and develop their fellow brothers in Christ.

I am Austin, I’m 22. I am the team leader for the Camiguin Team. I just graduated with a degree in counseling from Liberty University and am pursuing a master's in crisis relief and trauma coupling in the fall. My favorite animal is a raccoon because they are essentially puppies with thumbs and my favorite food is Maryland blue crab. 

Hey guys! My name is Nathaniel, and I’m a tall 20-year-old redhead. I’m currently about to enter my third year of college at West Virginia University Institute of Technology studying Civil Engineering. I love carrots and red pandas just because…(gotta stick with the orange/ginger theme). This is my second time on Camiguin and my favorite word so far is the made-up phrase “kahoy manok,” which is tree chicken!

Hey y’all! My name is Sierra & I’m 20 years old. I am a junior at the University of North Alabama. My major is Recreation Management and I plan to do camp ministry after graduation. My favorite animal is a dolphin and I love to eat tacos. 

What’s up. My name is Maycen & I’m 20 years old. I am a senior at Ouachita Baptist University studying family and community services. I will be pursuing a seminary degree after graduation. Can dinosaurs count as a favorite animal? If not, I like goats. My favorite food is probably mashed potatoes and gravy. 

-Philippine Summer: Camiguin Island Team