Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Farm Week: Kaesi's perspective

I’ve always had a love for animals and nature. Going to the farm (Mindanao Baptist Rural Life Center),I expected to work with animals, but nothing could have prepared me for what I learned. 

As we were settling in on Monday, we took a tour of the farm, and then learned to make an A-frame. The A-frame helps to level out the field where you’re planting. 

The rest of the week we worked with planting trees, feeding chickens and bunnies, catching tilapia in nets, and the goats. The goats were at the beginning of the week, we learned how to castrate, and dehorn. The look on everyone’s faces during castration was the best part! The dehorning was the worst for me, hearing the baby goat scream was horrible. 

Throughout farm week I learned a lot about farming and livestock. Along with that, the solitude was much needed. I learned to seek God, and talk to Him about everything. On the last full day we went up into the mountains, and got to see all of God’s wonderful creation. I couldn’t help but stare in awe and thank God for His mercy and grace. 

Through conversations with others & prayer, i realized it is finally time to give my all to Christ, surrender to Him and be baptized. I learned so much this week, but the most important thing I learned is that God is everywhere, and He is in control. 

-Kaesi
NT365 Gap Year Participant