Monday, October 16, 2023

Farm Week: David's perspective

The Mindanao Baptist Rural Life Center (MBRLC) was fun and I experienced a lot that I would never have had the chance to back home in Singapore. Here are some reflections from this farm week:

This week, we were reading the early chapters of Leviticus, about sacrifices and such. Working with animals, especially goats, provided insight into how things would have worked out in the Old Testament. Leviticus became so much clearer to understand, and I honestly enjoyed reading it. The timing seemed almost intentional.

I read The Way of the Cross this week. It made me reflect on my relationship with God and those around me. It is a great book, and I recommend you read it.

We had lessons on Community Development as well, applying our skills to the field. It was interesting to see the methods and planning behind various ministries. It made me ponder over the amount of planning that went behind the Nehemiah Teams program. I can appreciate the rules a lot more now.

-David
NT365 Gap Year Participant