Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Take up your cross & follow Me

It is so easy to come up with ways we can live for Christ while staying in the comfortable and familiar. I have been reminded of the task God has truly commanded of his children. “Take up your cross and follow me” is what He is asking. 

“Go, therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you.”  Matt. 28:19

I have realized the weight of this task. The challenge of self denial. The sacrifice of this commitment. Will the challenges that lie ahead be worth the costs? I can answer yes without the shadow of a doubt, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not afraid. Within this fear and uncertainty I cling to the last phrase of the Great Commission, a phrase I hope to never overlook, saying, “Behold I am with you always to the end of the age.” He has gone before me and is with me now. What do I have to fear?

-Haley
NT365 Gap Year Participant