Friday, October 6, 2023

Flexibility in Ministry

The ability to “go with the flow”. One thing I know about myself is that I like to know what’s going to happen. I’d like to say I go with the flow, but really, I crave structure. Now in AOT we have a lot of structure. But in weekend ministry and other outings, I’ve caught myself doubting the plan, or trying to change the plan to better suit me. However, the Lord has questioned my heart saying, “Do you not believe I am in control?” 

Obviously, I know & trust He is in control of the big things in my life, but I have to allow Him to be in control of the small things too. I’m praying I would be slow to speak, and quick to trust the Lord. Flexibility is a big part of the life of a missionary. And this is the training ground. I am praying to remember the Lord’s patience and grace as I learn to trust Him more and more each day.

-Lily
NT365 Participant