Friday, December 1, 2023

What I've Learned: Kaesi

During my time at AOT, I have learned so much about sharing the gospel and studying the Bible. God has shown me who He is, and how to listen to Him. I’ve learned how to seek Him, and how to hear Him, through His word, or even through people around me. 

Outside of classes, I’ve also learned a lot. There have been a lot of ups and downs. I’ve learned to be slow to anger, and to be kind even when people aren’t kind back. I’ve also learned that I don’t have to fight battles alone. God is always there, and all I have to do is pray and He will answer. I have also been shown that I need to have fellowship and be united with fellow siblings in Christ. Without unity and love for fellow Christians, how can we show love to people we are sharing the gospel with? 

Before all of this, I had planned on being a teacher and staying in Tennessee my whole life. I’ve always been fairly shy around people, so I never would’ve thought I could fly across the world with 13 strangers, live with them and share the gospel to other strangers with them. But after being here with them, I wouldn’t imagine doing anything else. 

There may be some rough points, but I have learned so much from these people, and have learned to love every one of them. After learning all that I have from AOT, my path for the future has changed so much. I am going to listen to what the Lord has planned for me. I will continue to share His word and teach others to do the same.

-Kaesi 
NT365 participant