Saturday, December 30, 2023

What I've Learned this Month: Shealee

The biggest lesson from this last month, is just how many opportunities there are for ministry in our day to day lives. It’s an endless opportunity. Just about any hobby, interest, skill, business, or activity can be used for God's glory. I have learned to loosen up and have fun, try new things, and enjoy the company while trying to be intentional with the people around me. 

I have also learned how to tell when I myself need to step back and recharge, so that when I am with people I can be fully present. 

Since in our new country this month, the biggest challenge we faced was the strongholds of the main religions. Many people were open to listen to us, and many had never heard what we had to say. We learned lots about their culture and beliefs as well as being able to share ours. 


For me personally, I also struggled with doing my daily quiet time in the morning. Many times I did it in the afternoon or evening instead, but I have come to learn that doing my quiet time in the morning makes a huge difference in my day. Starting the day off right by getting into God's word, especially when paired with a beautiful sunrise, is the best thing I can be doing for myself spiritually. I encourage y’all to try it for yourselves. 

This last month I have also learned more about our team members, their strengths and weaknesses as well as who they are as people in general. I have been continually inspired by their vulnerability and sensitivity to how God is leading them.

-Shealee
NT365 Gap Year Participant
Asia Pacific Rim