Monday, October 14, 2024

Julia: God is Persistent

God has tremendously blessed our weekend ministry. The past couple of weekends have been packed with powerful testimonies.

On Saturday nights, our church hosts a bunch of youth over for a giant sleepover. We play games, sing songs, and collaspse into 2 giant piles to sleep at the end of the night. Our team has really been able to get connected with the youth. One of them, Cammi, has been attending these sleepovers for a couple weeks. Cammi always sticks close to her older sister. She didn't seem interestd in talking with us, but being distant & disengaged.

As our team has been pouring into these students, 13 of them made the commitment to follow Christ & be baptized! One of them was Cammi!!

Our team had the privilege to baptize these youth. As I walked into the water park the morning of the baptism, I felt nervous yet excited, not having high expectations. As I was stooped in my thoughts, I felt my arm being pulled. I looked down to see Cammi holding tightly onto my arm. She smiled brightly and said, "Hi Ate Julie!" I thought I would melt! Cammi's walls had completely come down. She didn't let go of my arm the entire day. We swam, played games, slid down slides together, all with a huge smile on her face. I became her "Ate Julie"... a friend & sister in Christ.

I had the privilege to help baptize Cammi. I couldn't help but feel immense pride in her. The walls have been torn down, doors opened, and hearts opened wide. I cannot wait to see what God does through Cammi as she continues to grow up.

Through Cammi's story, I have learned to be persistent. God never gives up on us, no matter how much we shove Him away. God is persistent. When it comes to reaching people, we must be persistent. Praying & reaching out constantly. Like Cammi, hearts will soften, and the love of Jesus can shine right in.

-Julia
NT365