Saturday, June 28, 2014

A book within the Book

Right after meeting with L, we met three other guys, whom we named John, David and Mark. I talked one on one with John for a good bit and discovered that he knew the Story of JC, and believed it was good advice to follow so one could become a better person. I asked him what he thought about the after life. He said that he hoped to become good enough to get into Heaven. I explained to him that it was actually impossible to be good enough to get into Heaven, and that JC was the only way. 

I told him that there's a Book within the Book that bears the same name as the one we'd given him (he was completely thrilled with his new name). He got really excited. I told him that I could give him a copy of the Book in his local language as well as English. He was
thrilled and responded, "Yes, I want to learn more about this Book's stories." I told him to start reading the book of John and I would answer any questions he had about it. He was flabbergasted that I'd be willing to help him understand.


Please be asking the Father to continue to open his heart and eyes, and that the Spirit will guide me as I try to help him understand.

-I