Saturday, June 28, 2014

We love our mothers!

We love our mothers! All around the world there are mothers trying their best to give their best to their children. It is no different here in the Philippines. A big part of the ministry we are doing here is working with the mothers of the community.
52 women gather together with us three times a week to learn basic nutrition for both mother and child. They also learn basic home keeping skills. These beautiful women are so eager to learn and I love their enthusiasm! They show such strength everyday. They smile and laugh all the time and are such a joy to be around. Not only are they willing to learn, they are also willing to do! Three days a week they join the team at 5am to go jogging. I can hear them outside my window ready to go before I'm even out of bed. If there was anything that could get me out of bed that early, it would be the motivation of these ladies.

They laughed and smiled the whole time we were jogging up and down this beautiful mountain. While I was ready to give up on a steep hill, the lady next to me said the first English words she had said to me since we met, "I'll beat you." and we raced from there! The ladies cheer each other on and are so encouraging to each other - laughing the whole time. We lead them in relays, playing basketball, and stretching.

They are interested in our lives. Where we come from, how old we are, schooling, etc. They ask many questions! This is a great opportunity for us! It opens the door to share our lives and what God has done in them. They listened intently last week while Erin shared her testimony.

We are so excited to share the love of Jesus with these ladies and pray for their hearts to be opened to the Gospel. I praise God for the precious moments we spend with these precious mothers.