Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Fellowship of the Mountain Trekkers

The world is changed. 

I feel it in the water. 

I feel it in the earth. 

I smell it in the air. 

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

It began with the forging of the Great Rings... 

*sound of a vinyl record scratching*

Wait! Don't sue me for copyright just yet! That opening is dedicated completely to the goofballs on the Mountain Trek team that I spent the last few days with and their amazing obsession with Lord of the Rings.

I wish we could all go adventuring through the Misty Mountains together and fight off the forces of Darkness plaguing the land, but there's plenty of that to do right where we are; no need for elves or dragons or orcs.

In the mountains outlaying the capital city of Tacloban, Leyte are a scattering of villages and barangays that lie hidden at their feet.

Shadowed by these looming sentinels, they contain the precious children of God. He has called this team to bring the Light in to chase away the Darkness that dwells here.


 
I know, enough of the LOTR-like typing, but I can't help it! I really love visiting this team and getting to lighten the mood constantly by quoting my favorite movie and having them nerd out with me.  Anyways back to the matter at hand.

I was privileged to spend the past couple of days checking on this team and their progress and I must say I am impressed and encouraged. They have come leaps and bounds when it comes to evangelizing these previously villages.

This team has an admirable ability to start in the unknown and really take hold of and own the way they share the Word of God. 

Life is not without it's challenges but they get better and stronger as a team when they work together to support one another and continually refine their evangelism process and plan.

They have had many accept Christ and even come to THEM at different hours asking to have Bible studies. It's an exciting thing to hear!

Be praying for them as they start in their new village and for the hearts of those there to be receptive and willing to learn about God's plan for their lives.