Saturday, June 20, 2015

The First Time

I must be honest. As I read over the Nehemiah Team posts, I am convicted with how little the Nashville Project 52 team has been verbally sharing the Gospel. While we are living it and building relationships, we are struggling with actually sharing with these precious people. After an intense team meeting, I decided I would not go another day without sharing my beliefs. 

For the past two weeks, my heart has been drawn to a Kurdish woman... we'll call her Z. As some of you may know, yesterday was the first day of Ramadan. MaryRuth and I had the privilege of breaking the fast with Z and her family. After we finished, Z and I began to discuss the differences and similarities of Christianity and Islam. While she has family members who are Christian and has personally read the Bible, she is very set on Islam. While she still struggles with English, her ability to speak it has increased greatly (I believe this is completely due to God's grace over me since I have been discouraged by the language barrier). As she told me her beliefs, I prayed God would speak through me and I did my best to show her His truth. She asked many questions I had no answer to, and in those moments I felt like the worst defender of Christianity, but I must remember that it is the Holy Spirit is the one who convicts the heart. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness to open doors (literally) and encourage our hearts.
  • Please pray that P52 Nashville will become increasingly more intentional in sharing God's truth. 
  • Pray the He will reveal himself to the Muslims that are seeking during this time of fasting. 
  • Pray that He will seek through me in future conversations with Z.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!