Sunday, November 26, 2023

He's been working on my heart: Maggie

I knew AOT would be an incredible opportunity, but never did I picture it would be this life changing. Over the span of those 80 days... 
God has opened my eyes to the lostness in this world. 
He has revealed His character.
He has humbled me to the point that my only option was to fully rely on Him.
He has changed my perspective.
He has reshaped my wants & desires in life, and so much more.
God has exceeded my expectations once again and left me sitting in awe of who He is. 

Before leaving I had so many people warn me of culture shock, homesickness, doubts, attacks from the devil, physical sickness, etc., but no one warns you of the conviction of the Holy Spirit.  He has also shown me the danger of living a comfortable lifestyle. 

Being able to participate in AOT has taken away the comforts of home & distractions of this world and given God a clear path to fill that hole with His Word and will for my life. I know this is only the beginning and God will continue to move this year and show me that my life is nothing without Him. He has been working on my heart since day one and will continue to work on me for the rest of my life, and as uncomfortable as that may be, I am beyond grateful.  

Psalm 62:1 “For God alone, my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.”

-Maggie
NT365 participant