Wednesday, July 9, 2014

S Thai ESL Prayer Update

We've arranged with a couple of elementary schools to teach alongside their English teachers. I already foresee this being a good and fun opportunity. I am working with a woman named H. She is late 20's and a follower of Allah. Interestingly, she does not wear a head covering as most do, and she does not consider herself a "strict" follower, yet she is participating this month in Ramadan (A month-long Islamic holiday in which everyone fasts during the day.)  It is my hope that I'll have meaningful conversations with her in the remaining few weeks. 

This past month has been so up-and-down for me. There have been very fun days where we've fellowshipped with visiting missionaries, visited a gorgeous nearby beach, biked through a local "monkey park," and gone to nearby islands to teach at their schools and watch their sports tournaments. 

But there have also been days where I've longed for nothing more than to be back home with my family, Jon, my friends, and my church. Some days I feel incredibly encouraged by all that God has done, and other days I feel incredibly discouraged by the lostness around me. Some days it feels like the time has just flown since we've been here, while other days it feels like we've been here for years. 

Continue to pray for our team that we may be empowered by the Holy Spirit to share more boldly. 

We all feel as though we've grown so much spiritually and our times of prayer and evening devotion have been thought-provoking and encouraging, to say the least. Our supervisors have been wonderful! Please pray for them as they're working hard to adopt Thai twin two-year-old boys.

We appreciate your prayers and ask that you continue to pray for all the Kingdom work that's being done. 

-S Thai ESL Team