Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Our Time at Ruel Foundation

Well the summer is officially coming to a close, with only 2 weeks left here.  It seems like just yesterday we were being hit with culture shock and wondering what we got ourselves into.  

This has truly been one of the best and most rewarding summers of my life.  I have fallen in love with the kids and staff here at Ruel Foundation, as well as the Philippines in general.  

One of my favorite things about being here at Ruel is having Bible study and getting to disciple the staff.  They are are such an amazing group of women and many of them have huge hearts for for the Lord.  I am so thankful not just that God has provided us with this ministry opportunity but also with some great friends.  As I begin to reflect over the summer and think about what I will miss most when I go home, I realized that it has to be what has touched my heart the most. . . the kids at Ruel.  This group of children is so full of joy and laughter, all the time.  There truly is never a dull moment here and I love that.  You simply cannot be around them without smiling, laughing, and being completely entertained.  My prayer is that each one of them come to know the Lord in their life.  Also, for the families that God has chosen to place them in.  
-Katie




My time here at Ruel Foundation has been wonderful! I love everything about this place. My favorite thing about being here is getting to be with all of these precious children everyday. Sometimes it is hard work, but I wouldn't trade the chance I have gotten to come here and love these children this summer for anything in the world. It have been so blessed to be here and to have this opportunity to serve these kids and show them thew love of Jesus. It's crazy that we only have two weeks left here! It seems like we just got here and it's already almost time to go home. I am going to miss this place so much. I am going to miss the children here and the staff that we have gotten to form close relationships with.  
-Tori


So, 12 more days here in the Philippines, and I have no idea what I'm going to do when its time to leave. . . these kids have become so special to me, and one particular one has my heart (I wish I could take him home with me!).  I love the staff here and I love talking about Jesus with them in our daily bible studies with them.  I pray that when we leave, they will continue with bible studies and grow more in their relationship with the Lord. I am also going to miss my roommate, Katri, who I've been rooming with all summer. She has been such an awesome girl to spend time with.  I've also learned so many new things about God when our team has "team time."  We read about past missionaries and read about how He can really use us in the world.  I have really grown in Him through daily bible studies, and I have learned to continue this when I come back to the states.  So, it has been so amazing here.  I'm going to miss it here so much, and most of all I'm going to miss the kids.  I pray that when they leave this orphanage, they will grow up and know God and live for Him, as well as the families they come to know and live with. I can't wait to share with everyone back home what all God has done while I have been here.  So thankful. Incredibly blessed.   
-Tonya

James 1:27