Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Worship among the Nations... just imagine!

Elizabeth, Katharine, and I have had the opportunity to worship and study God’s Word with people from Burma, Rwanda, Egypt, and a few other places every Thursday for the past few weeks! As we have started to build these relationships, I am seeing the many ways God works in our lives. I am constantly reminded of God’s love every time I get around these people. I am also encouraged by the love they have for God and their hunger to know him and His Word better. The lessons I have learned are far beyond what I had imagined I would learn.

At one of our Bible studies, I was given the chance to share my testimony for the first time since I have been in Nashville. As I began to look around, I saw many smiling faces encouraging me, giving me a sort of peace. At that moment, I realized that as much as I like to think that I am here to show them Christ or to help them, they are teaching me what that really means. I know, I know, that’s totally cliché! However, I meant it. This Bible study has made a huge impact on me and on my perspective of life. 

Worship songs have always brought joy to my heart, but as I hear songs from the different languages I can’t help but smile at how beautiful they are. My favorite Karen song translates to ‘we will praise His name…’  Singing this song with M.D. gives me chill bumps just thinking of how awesome it will be in Heaven when we truly worship our King with ALL the nations. The Word says, “All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name.” Psalms 86:9 

We have been worshiping with people from different countries and cultures who have faced many kinds of trials, but still we all find hope in the same Savior. The joy I have within my heart worshiping with them on Thursday nights is unexplainable.

-Ashley