Thursday, July 10, 2014

Going before the throne

I imagine it’s a lot like a pitch black room. One which your eyes never even adjust to, no matter how long you are exposed. Shadows never eventually arise in the darkness, and it seems like you are lost in the blackness. I imagine it’s a lot like a train going through a tunnel. It’s so dark you can’t even think straight and it’s almost like nothing around you exists.  

But then out of nowhere, a candle is lit. It seems to cut the darkness in half in an instant. And although it is still a dark place, the light is overtaking, nearly blinding the closer you are to it.  

The train breaks free from the tunnel into marvelous and white sun light. 

And I imagine this is what it looks like when we step onto Loi Kroh each night.
Light penetrates darkness. This is what I am absolutely sure of.
 

Love conquers. And I bank my life on it.
God is mighty to save. I believe that with my whole heart.

But as good as God is, and no matter how much we believe it, that street has recently taken a toll on us all.

I have never felt a darkness so heavy. I could have never imagined what this summer would look like or would feel like.

But lately in the midst of this heaviness, I have been blessedly reassured that as much as we feel the darkness…they feel the light. I hope that with everything I have.

The Lord has been teaching me a lot about prayer and about how little I trust. And I think it took this utter darkness for me to finally realize the position I am in with God.

I can go boldly before the throne as a daughter.
I can ask for specific things.
I can pray with petition as a daughter. 
And I can beg God to save the lost souls I have come to love. 

I am coming before the throne of my Father in a crazed, passionate, expectant kind of way—because I can.

And I ask you to do the same.
Imagine what would happen if we trusted more. If we prayed more. If we begged more.

As a team, we have shared the Gospel and fallen in love with 28 people. I am asking you to beg for them as well. 

-Ashley