Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Testimony from Ross

I know many people hear wonderful things about mission trips and I completely agree that there are amazing blessings. Surprisingly doing God's work everyday does not mean one feels Spirit-led everyday. Let's be honest, and reveal some truth. The adjustment to a new culture is hardly the hardest part. Spiritual warfare remains strong. Satan does not like what we are doing one bit. He would love to have us think that God has abandoned us. He wants us to question our beliefs. He also wants to distract us from achieving our goal. Simply put, he wants us discouraged and less powerful. I have even wondered how I could stand to do this again. I cannot! Only the Holy Spirit can compel us to stick out the persecution, discern the tricks of the devil and allow us to rejoice in our heavenly Father.

-Ross