Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Post from Ashlee

I was reading my Bible one day when I saw a dog that had been hanging around the village. This dog was absolutely repulsive. He was skinny, had pink bald spots all over him, and if you touched him, he'd yelp in pain. If you got too close, he'd limp away, terrified.

Sitting next to that mangy, awful looking dog, I realized that's me: dying, gross, and undesirable in my sin, until Jesus touched me and healed me.

Father, thank you for reminding me of my desperate need for You. Clean me! I am a dirty mangy mutt. I need you to make me whole. Let the gospel be very real to me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation. Break me of my sin; show me the depth of it. Then break my heart for others.


The people in these barangays are sick in their sin, just like I was. They need Christ to touch them and heal them just as I do. Psalm 130 is my prayer; that the people will cry out to the Lord from the depths of their sin.
"Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentiveto the voice of my pleas for mercy! If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities." 
Psalm 130