Monday, June 11, 2012

Beautiful Feet


    Have you ever thought about Romans 10:15, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news?" I don't know about many of you, but whenever I go out and about for a long time, my feet get dirty. Here, it's dusty when it doesn't rain and super muddy when it does rain. But what's really cool to me is that Jesus thinks that our dirty, tired feet from going and sharing the gospel are beautiful. How encouraging! When we're sharing the gospel, our feet may and probably will get dirty. To us, beautiful and filthy are not two words that normally go together, but to Christ they do.
   I'm back in the country that I fell in love with this time last year. I have a few more Cebuano words in my toolbox--it's fun to see a Filipino's face light up when I say something in the language.
    The orphanage has about 15-20 children in it now. There are only four girls, so my team and I have bunkbeds in the girls' room. It's like a giant sleepover every night! At the school, I'm referred to as Teacher Brittney(I think I may get my future students to call me that when I have my own class). We are teaching elementary and high school English and Art.
    The other day we went and visited a home and had a Bible study with a few of the ladies there. It was amazing. We were able to hear their testimony about their lives and share/pray with them. Tuesday we are going back for You Got Served, where we will help them clean/cook/do whatever they need us to do. I'm excited about that. 
Originally posted by Brittney on bclant3.blogspot.com.
Please pray for... health & safety and that we will take the opportunities given to us to serve the people