Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Song in My Heart

     

Someone once said, " A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song." Just like the bird, here in the Philippines every one of these children come from different walks of life and have many questions with no answers, but they sing their hearts out with thanksgiving for the Lord. Music has been the heart of this past week here in the Philippines. It has been apart of every story, memory, and emotion. This week singing has brought tears to my eyes and joy to my face.       
Tuesday we had our second outreach event You Got Served. I got to cook my first Filipino meal with the help of some natives. I can't wait to come back home and cook some new delicious treats! We spent the afternoon fellowshipping with the children and adults in the village. Later that day we played sports with the kids, and ended our day gathered around at the gazebo singing songs of worship for hours until we all almost crashed in the arms of one another. 
Bridget