Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Post from Edgar


It has been a little over a week since we first landed here in the Philippines, and less than a week here at our first barangay. We have had many opportunities to share the gospel with the Waray-Waray people.

A big thing that really spoke to me was when we were given the chance to lead a funeral service at one of the homes. When we got to the house, the men were still building the casket. As we did the service and the men kept building, Acts 20:24 came to my mind.

"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

What if the boy who died didn't know who Jesus was? What about all the other people we won't be able to reach? This gave me more of a push and a reminder of why we are here - to spread the good news of Jesus! I know we may not be able to see or speak to all of the people in this barangay, but I can spread His gospel to those who we meet.

My prayer is that the Lord would keep opening doors for our team, and that we may stay strong through all the trials that are to come.