Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blessed

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance. I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance, and need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 Philippians 4:11-13


When I think about this verse I think of how God has humbled me this summer. These children are all living in a children's home but they don't see it that way. They see it as one big family. They are happy and fun loving the majority of the time. Unlike myself at times, they don't complain. about their circumstances. They just learn how to embrace their situations in life.

I was adopted when I was some of their age. So when I found out I was going to get to work in an orphanage, I got really excited. I just knew  I was going to be there for children who have been through similar circumstances.

I did not realize that the children would be teaching me and blessing me! These children have shown me that no matter my situation in life; I can always look to God and think positive.

The staff have also blessed and humbled me. Most of them are my age and younger and they have dedicated their lives to these children. That has motivated me to do more when I am back at home.

I have learned so much from this journey, whether it's  been teaching in a Filipino school, singing specials in church, sharing my testimony or just hanging out with the children and staff.

I have greatly enjoyed my experience here and truly feel blessed that God chose me to be here. Thank you for your prayers and support.

PLEASE PRAY::
Pray for the children that they would come to know Christ.
Pray for strength and endurance for my team.
Pray for the children's homes needs to be met.