Sunday, July 15, 2012

An Update from Hannah



He who hath led will lead, All through the wilderness.
He who hath fed will surely feed. He who hath heard thy cry will never close his ear.
He who hath marked thy faintest sigh, Will not forget thy tear.
He loveth always, faileth never, So rest on him today-forever.
-by Amy Carmichael

Whenever I get the chance I love to read missionary biographies. The real life accounts of how our God has used men and women who are surrendered to him are convicting and inspiring. Currently I am reading A Chance to Die, which is a biography of Amy Carmichael written by Elliot.

The stories of her boldness, passion, and honesty about struggles are very encouraging to me. This poem she wrote stood out to me because it shows how dependent we must be on our LORD. I have learned the importance of daily crying out to God, asking him to give me strength to follow him wherever he leads. Through whispers He reminds me that He has never left my side. In the wilderness of my struggles I choose Christ as my guide.


I had the opportunity to participate in a CMI monthly training. As a small group of normal people gathered I witnessed the most beautiful picture of what it looks like to not only hear the call of Christ but to surrender all and obey it. One afternoon they began sharing stories of death threats, imprisonments, and hardships that they had encountered because of their love for the Savior.

Never did I hear any of any regrets or complaints. Their heart for the lost people around them was evident. They have a grasp on what Amy Carmichael was feeling when she wrote about resting on Christ only. The men and women I was privileged to meet were living out the Great Commission, they picked up their cross and surrendered their lives. I pray that God would continue to break me so that I will be a usable vessel. Like Amy Carmichael I must learn to rely on my Father and rest in his love and provision for each day.