Friday, July 13, 2012

Josie's Angels: prayer update


(An excerpt from Ashley on the Josie's Angels nanny team)

"Remember A? She would not open up to anyone about her story, so I prayed over her last week to be able to trust someone with it. Well, tonight she sat me down. She told me her story. She told me about how the only time she ever felt loved by her father was when he took her to Manila and held her up to see the lights of the city. She told me about how much he hurt her. She told me that every time she goes out in public, she is terrified that he will find her and hurt her more.

Of course, by this time, I was sobbing. I told her my story I shower her my favorite verse - Ephesians 1:5. I told her that before she even existed God loved her. I told her that He loved her so much that He would adopt her and that even where her dad failed, where he hurt her, God healed. He loves, He rescues, He pursues her. I prayed for her, to be able to forgive, for her dad to come to know the Lord, for her to be and feel safe.

God has managed to continually give me chill bumps in the hottest place I have ever been."

As the nannies get to know each Angel personally, they are hearing more stories like A's. They have continued one-on-one dates with each girl, which is a great opportunity to pour out His love and speak truth into a specific situation. Please pray that the Lord would use that time for His glory! Pray that the nannies would constantly seek God's will in how they respond to every story and situation. Pray that the Angels would begin to find healing in their Father, and that their faith in Him would be genuine, not dependent on circumstances.