Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Post from Jake

Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." For two months, God has shown me this again and again. Every step we took this summer was directed by God. He began by orchestrating our teams, and placed all of us exactly where He wanted us. Every Bible study happened because He planned it. All summer God has given us the words to speak. Despite all of our planning for Bible studies, the Holy Spirit always communicated His own message, rather than ours. That is awesome! We don't have to worry about our plans because God has His.

One night I had a dream about Romans 10, a message of salvation to all people. I woke up and read it. I had drawn a star in my Bible next to verse 9.
"Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Romans 10:9
I talked to everyone on my team about it and asked what they thought it meant. I already had a Bible study planned for that afternoon, so I just assumed that God wanted me to use that verse in my Bible study.

While I was talking about the dream with our translator, Luigi, a woman came to our door. Luigi told me that I should share my dream with her, so I asked her to come inside. She came in and I shared what I had dreamed. Luigi then explained how Jesus is the only way back to God. The woman began to cry and then she accepted Christ!

If I had used my plan, I would have just shared the dream at my Bible study, and that woman wouldn't have a relationship with Christ. God used the dream He gave me. He is directing my steps and I praise Him for that! His plans are so much better than mine anyway.