Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another Update from Mary Kate

Hello Family and Friends,

The unexpected has never been my forte; however, God is providing and sustaining.

I’ve learned that in order to "hallow" the name of God, one thing I must do is trust and believe Him. At this point, I’m very tired emotionally and physically, and it’s been hard to surrender every thought and emotion.

This Monday, my grandmother passed away, so I had to fly to Louisiana on Tuesday, coming back to the Big Apple Thursday morning. It was a blessing to see some of my family, but it’s extremely difficult to hop across two totally different cultures and environments within just a few days. I can’t imagine how real missionaries must handle these kinds of crises.  Yet, God is bigger than what I think or feel and I know that whatever happens in my life is for my good.

This week has certainly been one of trial. It seems as if we’re starting to deal with some spiritual warfare.  All these little twinges have been frustrating. For instance, one day I stepped on a piece of glass and had a lovely cut on my foot, and just last night one of my students told me, "I don't like Jesus." Wow. I’m looking forward to the upcoming week, and I would really appreciate your prayers.

Please pray:
  • that the Holy Spirit would soften hearts to hear the gospel.
  • that I would be able to start a Bible study with my roommate.
  • that many new students would want to start studying Scripture together. 
  • that I would willingly die to self, and focus on others. 
Much love,

Mary Kate