Monday, July 16, 2012

Only Through Him

Each day is so different. Each morning when I wake up I ask God to help me love these children even more today. I have been amazed that in such a short amount of time I have grown to love these children as though I have known them their entire lives.
There are 25 beautiful faces. 25 smiles that truly bring joy to my life. God has been so faithful  in supplying me with His love in order to pour out even more each day to His children.
I know that on my own I could not do this, but God has said in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that his grace is sufficient for me, and that His power is made perfect in my weakness.
My purpose in being here is to speak and live out the truth of God’s saving grace to the children at NFFF; through games, devotions, homework, and tucking them into bed.
Something I really love about the Filipino culture that I admire is their ability to love others. Even when they only have a little bit of something they will pass it around so that each child can take a bite out of it. They are unselfish and this has greatly challenged me.
Some days we help out at the preschool the children attend. I love the days I go the children’s school mostly because of the extra time I get to spend with them. Also because it is a neat chance to bless the teachers. I have been teaching English, Science, music, and art.
We recently began doing evangelism in college classes. It was an intimidating experience even though the freshmen were only 16 years old! This opportunity has opened my eyes to see the need for evangelism. I could not believe how open they were- allowing me to share my testimony and take away from their class time!
God is so good and so faithful! Only through Him can I and receive love in this capacity and be stretched and still find so much joy! Only through Him can these children be so amazingly blessed. Only through Him can I be halfway around the world and yet feel right at home.

Please Pray! That God will continue the work He is doing in the heart of the children, staff, and out team.

Charlene