Wednesday, September 11, 2024

The Peace of God's Plan

Hugging my three little sisters goodbye on August 28th at the Charlotte City, NC airport was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Knowing that when I see them next, they will be taller,  wearing new clothes, having exciting new hobbies, new favorite colors, and so on. I remember after tearfully hugging them, I hugged my mom & dad. My parents, who have taught me, helped me & loved me so well for 18 years. It was so hard to part with my family! 

But I had to eventually commit to turning around & walking away- even thought, yes, it's sad... it's also so amazing to be stepping into the peace of God's plan.

When I met the rest of my wonderful team, my peace felt even more confirmed! And God blessed us with smooth & safe travels.

One of my favorite moments was on my shorter fight from Manila to Davao City. I sat next to the sweetest Filipina. She looked anxious about the flight, so turning to her, I asked if she spoke English. She responded, "Yes! Yes! A little bit!" I smiled & asked if she wanted to pray over the safety of our fight together and she immediately agreed. We joined hands before the plane took off. I said a simple prayer, asking for God's protection and peace. 

What a beautiful moment! A Filipina & an American girl, with nothing in common but united under the need for the Lord & His perfect peace. What a good Father we have! What an honor to be here in the Philippines, serving with IMB & Nehemiah Teams.

God has blessed me so much- and my heart is humbled to be here with this team, sharing and living out the Gospel together.

-Emma
North Carolina