Thursday, June 16, 2011

Arrived in Kenya.

On Friday I picked the team as they were struggling to adjust to time. We had a good evening before the team spread their mattresses for the night. Yesterday was a busy day for us. We put up the teams tents and built an extra bath house. I loved the way Olivia, Whitney and Nick worked with me and by 4 pm the bathhouse was complete. At one time work came to a standstill as we all run to the top of my incomplete house to watch a big herd of Zebras which was  grazing nearby.
Today was a great day for the team. They all woke up in very good spirits and we prepared quickly to head to church. A few metres away was a herd of Giraffes .What a good day? We got to church and the team had a very good presentation as well as an interaction period with the youth in my church.
As I put down these few words we are taking dinner. The team has had enough rest from the fatigue of the long trip. From tomorrow Monday to Friday we will be working at our church's school. So far we have seen the hand of God. No complains, their health is very good. The spirit is high.
Please pray for us as we enter into the most crucial part of the ministry. Pray for the team’s health, safety as we interact with the children in the slums etc.I will be sending you reports as we progress.
God bless you.
Eugenio
Field Soporvisor
Matt McGowen
Field Coordinator
Make Way Partners