Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Hut to hut" evangelism & holding hands...

This is it... we will be home soon.   We did hut to hut evangelism again and probably my favorite story is when we were sharing the gospel at a hut with a man and two women. One of the women accepted CHRIST and wanted us to pray for her about her being barren.  She said that she had had doubts about GOD because she couldn't have children.  Then she wanted us to go to her family.  So we followed her to her family and her mother in-law was the only believer in the family.  The mother in-law said she had considered suicide because children in her family always die and women are always barren.  Because of this people in the community said that she was doing something to the women and children.  She said that she was greatly encouraged that we had come to share the word of GOD because most of the people in her community shunned her and most of her family said there was no GOD.  We shared CHRIST with the family and the next day the girl came to the church for discipleship- it was awesome!  

We hiked through mountains on another day and did discipleship with a church that was way out of the way. Also this week I met the son of the Pastor of the church where we were staying, his name was Moses.  He was the same age as us so he was very excited to see us.  I got to do some one on one discipleship with him and the last day were were there he took me to the market to hang out and get a soda.  I have been here for almost two months and this was the first time I did the hand-holding thing.  Let me say that I am not shy about showing my affections at all but holding hands with another grown man all the way through the village to the market and then having him buy me a soda was a completely uncomfortable experience if i must say so my self!  I know it is their culture and when men hold hands it means they are friends... so I took it in stride.

-Zul