Monday, July 18, 2011

Dapitan Days

I was very encouraged by my recent time with the Dapitan City team. It came at a time when I truly needed it most. On my way to Dapitan, my computer, camera, and some other items were stolen. I was wondering at that point what what use my presence there would be since I would be unable to photograph anything since I no longer had my camera. But the Dapitan Team; Jamie, Haley, and Ate Tata, all welcomed me as part of the team. 

After a day of getting settled in, we went out and had several Bible studies, followed by a trip to a nearby city to get online and inform my parents of what had happened during my travel there. Wednesday was filled with door-to-door explanations of a gospel tract. We shared with many different families and at the end of the day, had a nice long chat with one of the guys we had shared with earlier that day. 

Thursday we had to catch a boat back to Cebu; me to get back to the Cebu Basketball Team, and Jamie, Haley, and Ate Tata to take their R&R. But before we left, we managed to have 4 Bible studies in the morning and early afternoon. The dedication of the Dapitan Team and their eagerness to visit every house they possibly could was inspiring to me. They are still praying for their first new believer, but at the same time, understand and accept their roles as seed planters. Please pray as they will continue to minister after their R&R, that the seeds of the Gospel will continue to grow in the hearts of these people.


Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. -1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)