Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God's Provision


            Hi, my name is Jordan. I am the American supervisor for the rural healthcare team. This is my 3rd summer in the Philippines with the rural healthcare team. However, this is my first time in the supervisor position. I would like to just share with you a couple of the ways that God has been providing both physically, emotionally, and spiritually amongst the 4 groups that make up our team.


            God has in many ways provided for our needs as a team physically. The team has not experienced any major injuries or sicknesses, but I want to share with you a way God provided that we often do no notice in our western culture. The morning of tuli in Casiklan the water was not running. This is a problem because we need water not only for physical sustainment, but also for cleaning the tools for tuli. I began to worry. God called to my mind a passage from 1 Peter. It says. "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:6-7)" I decided to pray for water. I sat down and explained to God my worries and asked God that he would provide. I finished my prayer and just waited.... nothing happened. I have been learning to trust God and the need was not immediate yet. So I just continued my morning. I walked outside to check on the food, and walked back in to this strange sound. Immediately my brain recognized that the water had just begun to flow. I felt God speak to me in my spirit, "Whatever you ask in my name, will be given to you." How strange it is that we sometimes doubt and have little faith in our great God.

           How gracious and providing is our Savior! I ask that you continue to pray for the healthcare team. Just as our work is not done here, neither is the work of the evil one among our team. I am without a doubt confident that it is because of the prayers from afar that I am sustained and made strong and my prayers are lifted to the ears of the father. I would also like to share that there have been several people already added to the Kingdom of God through these teams! Worthy is the Lamb!