Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Village # 2

As my time here in this village ends the lyrics from the song "Desert Song" by Hillsong United popped in my head especially the part that says:

"All of my life. In every season you are still God. I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship"

I found these lyrics very encouraging during my time here because we as a team unlike in the first village haven't really seen the people to be as interested in the Bible Studies. These lyrics  reminded me in every season whether it is the harvest season or planting season, God wis with us every step of the way. I know God will be working in the hearts of the people here that is why I had a reason to sing and worship here in this village.

Many times we Christians tend to forget that we cannot save the person we are talking to, but only by the Grace of God through faith. It was hard this week remembering this simple truth because I wanted them so bad to understand the simple truth of how they could have eternal life in heaven. I had to realize that from this verse that encourage me that our time is not God's time and his timing is perfect in the salvation of people here in this village and all over the world. 

2 Peter 3:8-9

"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand year as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." 

3 profession of Faith
18 Bibles given away

Lacey